Can Santa tear you away from your air conditioning?
“Merchants on Las Olas have pulled out all of the stops to ensure that a true holiday experience is enjoyed by all who visit our iconic boulevard,” says Erika Del Rio, executive director of The Las Olas Association, one of the sponsors of “Tropical Christmas in July.” July” takes place July 22-July 24.
The Water Taxi will have special Yuletide-themed cruises up and down the Intracoastal with live holiday music and refreshments.
And some restaurants along the busy-buzzy enclave of Las Olas will have specials while other must-stops like the Riverside Hotel, Historic Stranahan House Museum and Robinson’s Jewelers will have discounts.
“Merchants on Las Olas have pulled out all of the stops to ensure that a true holiday experience is enjoyed by all who visit our iconic Boulevard,” says Erika Del Rio, executive director of The Las Olas Association, one of the sponsors of “Tropical Christmas in July.”
The restaurant specials include:
- Hoffman’s Chocolates will give 50% off all ice cream desserts and if you buy one pound of chocolate, you get another pound for free
- Wild Sea on Las Olas (at The Riverside Hotel) will give you 15% off the bill
- Kilwin’s will give out a free treat for every letter to Santa that is dropped off
- Gran Forno Pronto will have 2-4-1 mimosas, bloody Marys and other select cocktails as well as 30% off the total food bill.
- Gran Forno Bakery will give you a free regular-size coffee with the purchase of any pastry from 7-10:30 am on Saturday and Sunday
Additionally the Stranahan House will give you a $2 discount on the guided house tour if you present a Water Taxi ticket.
The Weekender – South Florida Events
Get a roundup of the best events and things to do in South Florida so you can make it an epic weekend.
Robinson’s Jewelers will give 20% off diamond tennis necklaces, bracelets and eternity bands (use the code “DIAMONDS20″ when shopping online).
And the Riverside Hotel will have a discount offer where if you stay two nights, you get a 20% discount and for three nights you save 30%.
Tea Water Taxi Tropical Christmas cruises will have a cash bar with “festive beverages” both aboard and during the post dockside party.
Tickets are $25 for adults and $10 for children ages 5-11. You must purchase your tickets in advance at WaterTaxi.com/tickets.
The special excursions include:
- July 22 — “Christmas Music Tour” from 6:30-8 pm with a “docktail” party at the stop behind the Riverside Hotel from 8-9:30 pm
- July 23 — “Cruise with Santa” from 2:30 pm-4 pm with a photo opportunity with Santa Claus.
- July 24 — “Caroling Cruise” from 1-2:30 pm
“Encouraging people to come downtown and enjoy everything our city has to offer during the slower summer months requires all of us working together and creating reasons for people to shop, eat and enjoy Fort Lauderdale,” said Water Taxi president and CEO Bill Walker, who also serves as chair of Winterfest.
The Water Taxi, Winterfest, the Las Olas Company and the Las Olas Association are all sponsors.